- 20 Fitting Channels
- Speech Zone 2
- Personalised Spatial Awareness
- Sound Conductor
A hearing aid that packs a punch
Second to highest in the Unitron range, with a technical specification that is marginally less complex than the Tempus Pro, the Tempus 800 remains an excellent hearing solution for those who live a moderately active lifestyle. Although it can still identify and enhance speech sound when in a busy listening environment, it is not so well armed to deal with excessive background noise. Available in a range of colours and styles, you can choose a hearing aid to fit with your own specific requirements.
Our price includes:
- A comprehensive hearing test and examination by a registered hearing aid dispenser
- The fitting and programming of your hearing aid(s)
- Fine tuning and after care for the life of your hearing aid(s)
- A Manufacturers Warranty
- 60 day full money back guarantee if you are not completely satisfied
- VAT inclusive
How does the Unitron Tempus 800 compare?
As stated, this is a hearing aid that is best suited to those who don’t often find themselves in a noisy listening environment and it’s priced to reflect this. Although it can deal well with background noise, the Tempus Pro is more suited to those with a loud and lively social life. In a quieter listening environment, this hearing aid measures up well. Ordinarily powered by disposable batteries, the Tempus 800 also offers re-chargeable models for added versatility. Re- chargeable batteries last 24 hours and take 5-7 hours to fully charge.
- Stride M / Stride P / Stride P Dura – Behind the Ear (BTE)
- Stride. M R – BTE Re-chargeable
- Moxi Now, Moxi Fit, Moxi Kiss, Moxi Dura – Receiver-in-Canal (RIC)
- Moxi. Fit R – RIC Re-chargeable
- Insera – styles include Invisible-in-Canal (IIC), Completely-in-Canal (CIC), Mini Canal, Mini Canal directional, Canal / half shell, Full shell – In-the-Ear (ITE)
- Speech Zone 2 - enables you to locate where sound is coming from in a noisy listening environment. (Although results are still good, it is not as cutting edge as the new Speech Pro technology found in the premium model).
- Personalised Spatial Awareness - helps you to identify and locate speech sound, especially in quieter listening environments.
- SoundNav - is a program that adjusts according to your listening environment and focuses on speech sound. There are seven different environment settings that the hearing aid will automatically adjust between, depending upon the noise levels around you.
- Sound Conductor - reduces noise, enhances speech and makes use of multiband adaptive directionality to provide a balanced, natural sound.
- uControl 2.0 App - enables your Android or iOS Smartphone to become a remote control and will send applicable data to your Audiologist in order to make accurate alterations to your hearing aids if needed.
- 20 Fitting Channels - means your hearing aid has plenty of flexibility when it comes to adjusting to different listening environments and amplification levels.
- Antishock 2 - decreases sudden loud noise to a more manageable level.
- Wind Control - reduces wind noise for a more comfortable listening experience when outside in all weathers.
- Feedback Manager - gets rid of unwanted whistling sounds.
- Binaural MyMusic - enhances music and sends the amplified sound to both ears for an excellent stereo sound.
- Natural Sound Balance - is created by fusing the natural sounds you can hear with the amplified sounds from your hearing aid.
- DuoLink - enables you to synchronise the volume level of your hearing aids.
- Telecoil Capability - means you can stream sound in public places where they operate a loop system such as theatres or lecture halls.
- Easy-T - ensures your hearing aid switches to a telephone setting when you find yourself talking on the phone.
- Tinnitus Masker - reduces the symptoms of tinnitus.
- Automatic Adaption Manager - increases amplification slowly to enable new hearing aid users to gently become accustomed to the change in sound.
- Frequency Compression - identifies which sound frequencies you struggle with and brings them down to a more audible level.
Accessories for the Unitron Tempus 800:
- uStream - wirelessly connects to other audio devices so you can stream sound from your phone, TV or Bluetooth speakers directly to your hearing aids.
- uDirect 3 - provides hands-free connectivity to other audio devices via your hearing aids.
- uMic - is to be worn by the person you wish to hear. It will amplify the speech sound and transmit it directly to your hearing aids.
- uTV 3 - streams audio from the TV directly to your hearing aids.
- Remote Control 2 - enables you to adjust your hearing aids remotely and with ease.
The Tempus 800 is packed full of technology designed to give a reliable performance in moderately noisy listening environments. If you would prefer a top of the range hearing aid that can deal with the noisiest of listening environments, then you may wish to consider the Tempus Pro. If you are restricted by budget, you could consider the Tempus 700.