- 16 Fitting Channels
- Speech Zone
- Sound Conductor
- Spatial Awareness
A mid-range hearing solution from Unitron
As a mid range hearing aid within the new Tempus range from Unitron, the Tempus 700 might not offer the same performance levels and technical specification as the Tempus Pro, but it is priced accordingly. Ideally suited to those who live a relatively quiet life, the Tempus 700 still offers limited functionality when in a noisy listening environment, where it enhances speech sounds directly in front of you. What it can’t do is locate and enhance sound from behind you in the same way. There are a variety of styles and colours to choose from, so you can opt for a hearing aid that’s right for you.
Our price includes:
- A comprehensive hearing test and examination by a registered hearing aid dispenser
- The fitting and programming of your hearing aid(s)
- Fine tuning and after care for the life of your hearing aid(s)
- A Manufacturers Warranty
- 60 day full money back guarantee if you are not completely satisfied
- VAT inclusive
What does the Tempus 700 have to offer?
The Tempus 700 is best suited to those who live a relatively quiet lifestyle. Unlike the Tempus Pro, it has a limited ability to deal with noisy listening environments, such as crowded restaurants; a fact reflected in the 3 star rating given by Unitron. It does however compete equally as well as the Tempus Pro in a small group or one-on-one conversation. Unlike the more advanced models, the Tempus 700 lacks the MyMusic function, which means music, although accessible, won’t have the same clarity as the Tempus Pro. For the ultimate flexibility, the Tempus 700 has some re-chargeable models available. They will work for up to 24 hours before taking between 5-7 hours to recharge.
- Stride M / Stride P / Stride P Dura – Behind the Ear (BTE)
- Stride. M R – BTE Re-chargeable
- Moxi Now, Moxi Fit, Moxi Kiss, Moxi Dura – Receiver-in-Canal (RIC)
- Moxi. Fit R – RIC Re-chargeable
- Insera – styles include Invisible-in-Canal (IIC), Completely-in-Canal (CIC), Mini Canal, Mini Canal directional, Canal / half shell, Full shell – In-the-Ear (ITE)
- Speech Zone - enhances speech sounds from directly in front of you in a noisy listening environment.
- Spatial Awareness - helps to locate and restore natural sound in quieter listening environments.
- SoundNav - can identify up to six different listening environments and will adjust accordingly, to ensure the best possible sound.
- Sound Conductor - creates a balanced, more natural sound by enhancing speech and creating awareness in both quiet and noisy listening environments with multi-band adaptive directionality.
- 16 Fitting Channels - so your hearing aids can be adjusted to fit with your specific hearing needs, according to your listening environment.
- Antishock 2 - reduces a sudden loud noise to a more comfortable level.
- Wind Control - eradicates wind noise to ensure you can enjoy the great outdoors, whatever the weather.
- Feedback Manager - aims to minimise distracting whistling sounds.
- Natural Sound Balance - aims to bind both the natural sounds you receive and any amplified sound for a more comfortable listening experience.
- DuoLink - means you can adjust the volume level or program in one hearing aid and it will automatically synchronise with the other hearing aid.
- Telecoil settings and Easy-T - ensures you can stream sound directly to your hearing aids in places that operate a telecoil facility or when you find yourself on the phone.
- Tinnitus Masker - helps to minimise the effects of tinnitus by distracting the brain.
- Automatic Adaption Manager - ensures new hearing aid users can slowly become accustomed to the increased amplification and change of sound.
- Frequency Compression - reduces high frequency sounds that are often hard to hear and brings them down to a more audible level.
Accessories for the Unitron Tempus 700:
- uStream - enables you to wirelessly stream sound from your phone, TV or Bluetooth speakers to your hearing aids.
- uDirect 3 - provides wireless, stereo sound by linking up to other audio devices.
- uMic - is a personal microphone, designed to be worn by the person you wish to hear. It will stream any speech sound wirelessly to your hearing aids.
- uTV 3 - wirelessly streams sound from your TV to your hearing aids.
- Remote Control 2 - for a discreet way to control your hearing aids without the need of a Smartphone.
- uControl App - enables you to use your Smpartphone as a remote control for your hearing aids.
Given the amount of technology present in this mid-range hearing aid from Unitron the Tempus 800 remains excellent value for money. If you like the idea of the Tempus range, but would prefer a more complex version, you may wish to consider the Tempus Pro. If you are restricted by budget, check out the Tempus T600 or the T500.