- 17 frequency channels
- DFS Ultra II anti-feedback system
- Autoscope Adaptive Directionality
- Binaural Directionality
- iSolate nanotech™ coating
The GN RESound Mid Range Superpower BTE Hearing Aid
The ReSound Enzo2 7, brought to market in November 2015 is a mid-range, Behind the Ear (BTE) superpower hearing aid that is compatible with Apple. It has since replaced the earlier Enzo 7 and provides significantly more processing power. It’s smaller than most superpower aids yet remains one of the loudest available. Designed to benefit those who are severely to profoundly deaf, it works well in moderately difficult listening environments.
Why consider the Resound Enzo2 7?
It’s good news for Apple lovers as the Enzo2 7 is fully compatible with the majority of Apple devices, including iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. By downloading the Smart App, you can turn your hearing aids into a wireless Bluetooth headset. It then streams music, audio books or telephone conversations directly to you without the need for additional accessories. For Android users, it’s still possible to stream music and phone calls when using the ReSound PhoneClip+.
- 17 Sound Frequency Channels - allows your hearing aid to be adjusted to suit your specific requirements.
- Four Memory Programs - enable you to modify your hearing aids to suit your listening environment.
- Noise Tracker II - although not as effective as the more advanced Enzo2 9, this program still helps to maintain a comfortable listening experience regardless of your environment without reducing speech clarity.
- Advanced Noise Tracker II - makes listening more comfortable in noisy listening environments without impacting on speech clarity.
- Comfort Phone Program - means that when you hold a conversation on the telephone your hearing aids will focus on what is being said and suppress background noise.
- DFS Ultra II System - works to eradicate unwanted feedback such as whistling.
- Synchronised Softswitching Program - means that as your listening environment changes, your hearing aids will automatically adjust in order to maintain listening comfort.
- Surround Sound Program - ensures you can hear what is going on from all around you and can locate where a specific sound is coming from.
- Wind Guard - helps to remove wind noise, leaving you free to hear speech more clearly. Although a handy feature, it’s not quite as effective as the more sophisticated Enzo2 9 version.
- iSolate nanotech™ - is a waterproof coating that protects the hearing aid from dust, moisture and wax deposits.
- 2.4 GHz Processor - means that your hearing aids have the ability to freely communicate with each other to ensure your settings and volume levels remain the same for both ears.
- i‘Made for Apple’ - the Enzo2 7 is compatible with the Smart App. You can stream music, audio books and FaceTime with ease. The sound will directly transmit from your iPhone to your hearing aids as if you were wearing Bluetooth, wireless headphones. You can also use your Apple Device as a remote control so you can discreetly alter program settings or volume levels.
- GeoTag with Smart App - learns which settings you need for specific locations and will adjust your hearing aids when you find yourself in the same area.
- Accessories - The Enzo2 7 is compatible with a number of ReSound Unite Wireless Accessories, including the TV Streamer and Phone Clip+.
If you’re after a discreet, superpower hearing aid that sits in the mid-range for both price and technical complexity, then the ReSound Enzo2 7 could be a viable contender. Available in ten different colours, this small BTE hearing aid still provides some seriously good technology that will tackle moderately difficult listening environments with ease. For a more sophisticated version, you may wish to look at the Enzo2 9. If you’re governed by budget, you could also consider the Enzo2 5.