Moldex Contours Small Earplugs
What Is It?
- One pair of disposable earplugs with high noise reduction rating
- Made of soft, slow recovery foam which is PVC free
- Small size
What Does It Do?
- Reduces noise entering the ear
- A contoured shape moulds easily to the ear canal for excellent comfort
- Gives a secure fit for all-day wear
- High SNR rating of 35dB (H34 M33 L28)
How Do I Use It?
- Make sure hands and ear opening are clean and dry
- Roll the plug between the finger and thumb to compress them for insertion
- If fitting the plug on the right ear reach above the head with the left arm hand to pull the right ear gently upwards
- Slide the plug into the ear canal with your right hand and hold in place for 5 seconds to let the plug expand and fill the ear
- Not recommended for more than a single use
Hearing Direct technical note:
SNR stands for Single Noise Rating and this is used within the European Union. The way in which it is calculated differs slightly due to different test standards and calculations from the NRR or Noise Reduction Rating system used in the USA.
In addition to an overall rating, the SNR further rates ear protectors in terms of the particular noise environments in which they will be used H for high-frequency noise environments, M for mid-frequency, and L for low-frequency. So as an example, you may see the noise reduction information stated as: SNR 35, H=34, M=33, L=28. The estimated attenuation of sound changes according to the noise spectrum of the environment in which the protector is to be worn.