Doro Secure 580 Mobile Phone
Doro Secure 580: A Unique & Simple Mobile
The Doro Secure 580 and its simplicity makes it attractive to those who, for various reasons, may not otherwise be able to use a standard mobile phone.
With only 4 speed-dial memory buttons on the front of the phone, it's ideal for those who need a mobile phone for security but don't make many calls. On the back of the device is an 'assistance key' or SOS button. The Doro Secure 580 cannot send text messages but it can receive them, and it is possible to set up an automatic reply to inform people that they will not get a response by text. Other useful elements have now been added in the upgrade - including GPS data with SOS alarm, colour display with high contrast themes, splash proof and remote managing via the Doro Experience Manager.
In summary, thanks to its well-spaced, tactile buttons, and a robust and splash-proof housing, the Doro Secure 580 is ideal for people with visual impairment, memory loss or who simply struggle with handling conventional mobile phones.
- 35dB voice volume (about 10 times louder than a standard mobile)
- 87dB ringer volume (about 5 times louder than a standard mobile)
- 7 Volume settings
- Tone control
- Visual ring indicator
- Assistance button
- Startup wizard - great feature which guides you through phone menu and functions
- Backlit keypad
- 4 one-touch speed dials
- Phonebook: 4 names and numbers
- Receive-only SMS
- Assistance SMS with GPS position
- Safety timer
- Remote management feature
- 20 polyphonic ringtones
- Vibrating ringer
- Hearing Aid Compatibility Rating T4/M4 (3G), T3/M3 (GSM) - using device 'T' setting.
At HearingDirect we only supply "unlocked" phones; use your existing contract and phone number, start a new contract or just use Pay As You Go SIM cards - the choice is completely yours.
- Resolution display: 128*160
- Colour display
- Optional display modes for optimised for visually impaired users
- Display size: 1.8" - 28*35mm
- Handset size: 127 x 56 x 15mm
- Weight: 100g
- Battery included: 800mAh-Li-ion
- Talk time: up to 10 hours
- Standby time: up to 350 hours
- Universal charging solution
- GSM: 900/1800/1900
- Bluetoothª 2.1
- Charging cradle and USB cable included
Please note: Doro Secure 580 only accepts a micro-SIM card. If you do not have a micro SIM card, and wish to keep an existing contract and/or mobile number you will need to arrange a 'SIM swap' with your mobile phone network operator.
Doro is a Swedish company who aim to bring 'a communication device for everyone' to market. We think the Doro Secure 580 mobile phone is another important step closer to fulfilling that commitment.