Doro 8040 Extra Loud SmartPhone
The Ultimate Doro Smartphone
When it comes to sleek, intuitive, amplified smartphones, it doesn't get much better than the Doro 8040 Smartphone.
Created specifically for those who value elegance and simplicity, this mobile offers all the latest technology without overwhelming the user. You can call or email friends, surf the Internet and capture those special moments on the 8-megapixel camera or video. What's more, you can customise the phone to display only the functions you are specifically interested rather than lots of Apps you're never likely to use.
A Doro Smartphone For The Hard of Hearing
The Doro 8040 is hearing aid compatible and a great device for those with hearing loss. It offers a range of volume settings to fit with your specific hearing needs as well as a large display screen for easy viewing. For an added sense of security, the Doro 8040 also provides a built-in assistance button that can raise the alarm in times of emergency. The 'My Doro Manager' function enables you to alter your settings with ease. Simply watch the step-by-step tutorial available for more hints and tips as to how to get the best from your smartphone.
- 35dB voice volume (about 10 times louder than a standard mobile)
- >83dB ringer volume (about 5 times louder than a standard mobile)
- 7 Volume settings
- Hearing Aid Compatibility Rating T3/M3
- Microphone mute
- Tone control
- HD voice certified
- 19 Polyphonic ringtones
- 15 Ringer volume settings except off
- Vibrating ringer
- Ringer offsetting
This Doro smartphone is hearing aid compatible for wearers by putting their device in the T setting.
- SMS/MMS, email, and predictive text
- Assistance SMS with GPS position
- Camera resolution 8MP + 2MP, with autofocus and flash
- Image viewer
- Video recording MPEG4 (1080p, 720p, VGA, MMS (176x144))
- Magnifier function
- Internet and 4G
- Assistance button
- Loud and clear sound
- Android and Google apps
- Essentials such as calculator, alarm, FM-radio, and weather
- Key tone and keylock with backlit keypad
- Calendar with reminders
- ICE (In Case of Emergency)
- Startup wizard, and 'My Doro Manager'
- >500 Phonebook positions with top 10 contacts list first
- >100 Call log positions with multiple numbers per contact
- 4 one-touch memories
- Photo phonebook
- Internal Storage 16GB
- Resolution (H x W pixels) 1280*720
- Customisable wallpaper
- Optional display modes optimised for visually impaired users
- Touch, and colour display
- Display size (inch) 5"/(H x W mm) 63*110
- Adjustable font size
- Contrast and brightness adjustment
- Handset size (mm) 148.6*70.1*9.48
- Handset weight including batteries (g) 165
- Battery included 2920mAh Li-ion
- Talk time up to 28 hours
- Standby time up to 550 hours
- GSM (band) 850/900/1800/1900
- Platform Android 7.0
- Bluetooth¨ protocoll 4.0
- Charging cradle and USB cable included
Our blog is home to valuable resources. We offer top tips, advice, guides, and reviews to help you answer any hearing related questions you may have. We think you may be interested in:
Shop the full Doro phones range here.
Doro is a Swedish organisation renowned globally for producing quality specialist telecommunications equipment for the hard of hearing, the visually impaired and the elderly. The Doro 8040 is just one example of how quality workmanship and intuitive design can make a real difference to the way in which we communicate.