Amplicomms Powertel 196
The Amplicomms Powertel 196 is one of the loudest phones in production today.
The Powertel 196 separates itself from similar phones with its use of the latest technology to provide the clearest sound possible – even at very high levels of amplification. Built with a high-quality acoustic chamber, sound quality is maintained at all volume levels, and echo cancellation helps to eliminate acoustic feedback to ensure every word is heard as clearly as possible.
- 60dB amplification available for incoming voice volume (the loudest in production)
- 90dB ringer volume (about 6 times louder than a standard phone)
- Adjustable tone and volume levels
- All Amplicomms product have been tested line with BT, Talk Talk and Sky new Digital Hubs with a 100% success rate,
Hearing aid compatible for those hearing aid wearers using their 'T' setting.
- Speakerphone: Many of us use handsfree mode and it is designed to be loud and clear with 'Duplex simultaneous two-way audio technology'. This will provide a loud and clear sound during handsfree calls, and will limit any echo or distortion on higher volumes.
- Large backlit display: Whilst on a call it will show the caller's name and number, and when in standby mode the date and time. The screen can be adjusted between five contrast modes, providing an easy viewing experience for those with deteriorating eyesight.
- Requires mains power
- 200 Phonebook entries
- A call log of the last 30 missed, incoming or answered calls with the date and time.
- Extra-bright red LED call indicator light on the top right of the unit flashes brightly when a call is incoming
- Wall Mountable
- 12 month manufacturer warranty
- See more on the datasheet and the User guide
- Watch the video below:
United Kingdom Delivery Options and Prices
For hearing aids, we aim to program and dispatch within 5 working days of receiving your order. If we are unable to do this for any reason, we will contact you.
|Estimated Delivery Time
|Royal Mail Tracked 48
|£3.49 (FREE On Orders Over £35)
3 - 5 working days
|Royal Mail Tracked 24
|£3.99 (Only £1.50 on orders over £35)
1 - 2 working days
|Fully Tracked Special Delivery by 1pm
|£9.99 (On all orders taken by 15.00) Free on Hearing Aids
|Guaranteed next working day by 1 pm
|Estimated Delivery Time
|Royal Mail International (Standard)
|5 - 10 working days
|Royal Mail International (Express)
|3 - 4 working days
Please note that orders must be placed by 12pm Monday to Friday to guarantee next-day delivery. Orders are also not shipped over the weekend.
Delivery of the Goods will be made to the address provided by you at the time of placing your Order.
If your Goods are not delivered safely within a reasonable number of days of you receiving notification of dispatch, you should contact us. Customers should promptly inspect goods delivered to them to satisfy themselves that any goods delivered to them are as expected.
Our 30-day, money back guarantee is exactly that - if you are unhappy with any item you have bought from Hearing Direct International, you have the right to return within 30 days after it has been dispatched, for a replacement or full product refund.
What do I need to know about returning a phone or assistive listening device?
These products may be unwrapped for testing but if they prove to be unsuitable then a 100% refund will be issued only if the product is returned in a brand new, saleable condition, with all packaging and contents intact.
N.B. We would not consider an item to be re-saleable if:
- The box or contents are dirty or damaged.
- Personal data or phone numbers have been added.
- The original contents are damaged or missing.
Any phone that requires re-packing, to ensure it is as new, will attract a nominal charge of £7.50 that will be deducted from the refund. All returns will be quality assessed prior to refunding.
What do I need to know about hearing aids?
Hearing aids can be fully tested in ear; if the fit or sound is not satisfactory, they can be returned within 30 days of receipt for a full product refund. Used accessories such as batteries, domes or wax guards do not need to be returned. If physical damage beyond expected trial use is found on the hearing aid, our standard repair charge of £60 will be deducted from your refund as this affects our return policy with the supplier.
What do I need to know about returning hearing aid accessories?
These products must be returned, in their original packaging, un-opened and in a brand new, saleable condition. All returns will be quality assessed prior to refunding.
Please note we are unable to accept returns outside this 30-day period unless the item is deemed faulty, in which case, a replacement or repair of the faulty item will be offered.
To return goods you need to contact us to obtain a Return Authorisation Number (RAN).
You can request a RAN by emailing email@example.com or calling us on 01264 313110 or 0800 032 1301. The RAN should be quoted on an accompanying letter to explain the reason for return and ideally a copy of the original invoice. We recommend you obtain proof of postage from the post office when returning any item to us.
You will be notified by email or in writing when your returned goods have been received by us.
For more details, see "Your right to cancel", in the terms and conditions. Your statutory rights are not affected.
When does the 30-day period start?
We will stamp your receipt with a date when we put it in the post. The 30-day period will start from this date; returns must have a posting date no more than 30 days after this dispatch date.