- 4 bands controlling 16 channels
- Noise Reduction
- Windnoise Reduction
- BrainHearing Technology
An entry-level hearing aid from Oticon
Oticon introduced their new range of hearing aids in Spring 2015 with the Ria2 directly replacing the Oticon Ria, (Oticon H110). This is the most basic of hearing aids and is priced accordingly. It does however offer Bluetooth streaming and an Inium Sense Processor chip that has increased processing speed dramatically. The Ria2 is perfect for those who live the quiet life where simplicity is valued more than high tech capability.
- 4 Bands and 16 Channels - help adapt your hearing aid to your specific hearing needs. The more bands, the better the sound quality.
- Wind Noise Reduction - is a useful program to have in the great outdoors. It filters out wind noise so the sound of speech becomes more prominent even in the worst weather.
- Noise Reduction - aims to minimise background noise and enhance the quality of speech sound, making it easier to hear in a noisy environment.
- YouMatic Essential - offers one listening profile and three levels that can be tailored to fit your specific hearing requirements whether you’re at work, resting at home or playing sport.
- BrainHearing Technology - enables your two hearing aids to communicate with each other to ensure they reflect the same volume levels and program settings. This co-ordination helps identify where the sound is coming from at any one time.
- FreeFocus Essential - aims the directional microphones that are fully focused on speech, in three different directions. With background noise also reduced, speech becomes far clearer even when the speaker isn’t in front of you.
- Inium Feedback Shield - removes unwanted whistling from the outset, leaving a clearer, purer sound.
- Invisible in Canal (IIC)
- Completely in Canal (CIC)
- In the Canal (ITC) – with telecoil
- In the Ear (ITE) – with telecoil
- Design Receiver in the Ear (DesignRITE)
- Mini Receiver in Ear (miniRITE)
- Receiver in the Ear (RITE) with telecoil and volume switch.
- Mini Behind The Ear (miniBTE) with volume switch.
- Behind The Ear (BTE) with telecoil and volume switch.
The telecoil or t-switch facility allows you to connect to various hearing loop systems.
Oticon’s offer a range of ConnectLine accessories that are fully compatible with the Ria2. The ConnectLine StreamerPro turns your hearing aids into a wireless headset, perfect for streaming music or watching your favourite TV show at a volume that works for you. The ConnectLine App is made for iPhone, allowing you to stream phonecalls our use it as a remote control for your hearing aids. There’s even a mini-microphone that can be clipped on to the person you wish to speak to for easy listening.
The Ria2 is the most basic model in the Oticon range of hearing aids. Even so, it still provides the essential hearing technology required to make a difference to daily life. Ideal for those who live relatively quietly, it’s perfect to watch TV and hold a conversation at home. If you like the idea of the Oticon range, but would prefer something with more processing capability, then why not compare the Ria2 Pro, the Nera2 or the Alta2?