- 6 bands controlling 16 channels
- Wind Noise Reduction
- Inium Feedback Shield
- FreeFocus Essential
An entry-level hearing aid from Oticon
The Oticon Ria2 Pro entered the market place in 2015 as the direct replacement for the original Ria Pro (Oticon H110) hearing aid. Not quite as basic as the Ria2, this entry-level device still retains some useful technology. With a built in Inium Sense Processor, this wireless hearing aid is a great deal faster than it’s predecessor. The Ria2 Pro is ideal for those who lead a quiet life and is available at a great price given the specification available.
- 6 Bands and 16 Sound Frequency Channels - means your hearing aid can be tailored to suite your hearing requirements, making speech clearer and conversations easier to follow. The more bands that are available, the better the sound quality is likely to be.
- Wind Noise Reduction - filters out wind noise so you can hear speech more clearly when outside, whatever the weather.
- YouMatic Essential - provides one listening profile, made up of three levels that will adjust to fit with your hearing needs and the environment you find yourself in.
- Binaural Co-ordination - is made possible using BrainHearing Technology. The Oticon Inium processor allows both hearing aids to synchronise volume levels and program settings. The result is an increase in spatial awareness and the ability to place where the sound is coming from.
- FreeFocus Essential - controls the microphones that focus on speech sound from three different directions. Background noise is diminished, so even if you’re not facing the speaker, you will be able to hear what is being said.
- Adaption Manager - ensures that the sound from your new hearing aid increases gradually over time giving your hearing time to adjust to the extra amplification.
- Inium Feedback Shield - puts a stop to unwanted feedback such as whistling without damaging other sounds around you.
- Tinnitus Sound Support - helps to alleviate the symptoms associated with tinnitus by playing relaxing sounds to distract the brain.
- Invisible in Canal (IIC)
- Completely in Canal (CIC)
- In the Canal (ITC) – with telecoil
- In the Ear (ITE) – with telecoil
- Design Receiver in the Ear (DesignRITE)
- Mini Receiver in Ear (miniRITE)
- Receiver in the Ear (RITE) with telecoil and volume switch.
- Mini Behind The Ear (miniBTE) with volume switch.
- Behind The Ear (BTE) with telecoil and volume switch.
The telecoil facility, otherwise known as t-switch enables easy access to hearing loop systems, often found in public spaces like theatres. All hearing aids come in a variety of colours to suite personal taste.
The Ria2 Pro is fully compatible with the Oticon’s ConnectLine range of listening accessories. If you want to stream music from your mobile phone or listen to your favourite TV program then the ConnectLine StreamerPro and the ConnectLine App will be worth a closer look.
The Ria2 Pro offers slightly more functionality than the most basic of Oticon’s hearing aids. It remains a simple but effective hearing solution for those who lead a quiet life, a fact that is reflected in the excellent price. For a cheaper solution, you could consider the Oticon Ria2. Alternatively, for a hearing aid with more processing capability, you might wish to consider the Nera2 Pro or the Alta2 Pro instead.