Hearing loss can go undetected for years. It can be so gradual that the person suffering from it barely notices the decline. Often, it becomes more noticeable to family and friends. Certain give away signs include:
- The TV volume always seeming to be abnormally loud.
- You have to regularly repeat what’s being said.
- the person doesn't respond unless they are facing you.
- You’re accused of mumbling and asked to speak up.
- Storylines aren’t followed in the cinema or at the theatre.
- the person may start avoiding socialising in noisy environments.
If this is the case, there may well be a hearing loss issue that needs addressing. In an era where hearing technology has become more and more sophisticated, connecting up to the hearing world can be a life enhancing experience.