To get the best out of your hearing aids and to make them last for the longest possible time they should be stored properly. No matter the brand, style or how much you have paid for your aid, all hearing aids are at risk from various types of damage, which can easily occur if they’re improperly stored.
5 Reasons to Use a Storage Case:
- Dirt: Whether in use or not hearing aids get dirty and dirt breeds germs. A good quality storage case will neutralise bacteria as part of it’s storage.
- Moisture: The steady build up of moisture and earwax can ultimately stop your hearing aids from working correctly. It is therefore important to store your device properly when you are not using it. Hearing aid dehumidifiers help prevent the build-up of moisture thereby protecting the internal components of the aid.
- Pets: Some hearing aids can make a high frequency noise when left with their battery in. This is believed to be a reason why some pets, especially cats, have a tendency to play with and chew on hearing aids.
- Children: Be sure to keep hearing aids away from young children, as parts can be broken, lost or swallowed.
- Extreme Heat or Cold: A protective case will help to avoid exposing your aids to heat or extreme cold.
Hearing Aid Storage Cases
- Cedis Drying Capsules and Pot Kit for Hearing Aids: Place an opened capsule and your hearing aid into the drying container and leave for up to eight hours when you are not using your hearing aids. Remove batteries first.
- Phonak D Dry Box: Used preferably on a daily basis, the Phonak D-Dry uses electric heat and UV-C light to eradicate moisture and germs from your hearing technology. This hygienic and efficient system circulates hot air naturally around the drying chamber, allowing moisture to escape.
- Amplicomms DB200 Plus Hearing Aids Dry Box: When it comes to getting rid of moisture build-up in and around your hearing aids, the DB200 drying box provides a quick and effective solution. By using a low heat alongside UV light radiation, the DB200 removes condensation and prevents residual bacteria from spreading. It operates without having to use drying agents or chemicals. The box has just one button to press in order to operate. Each box can contain up to two pairs of hearing aids or cochlear implants.
- Amplicomms DB130 Hearing Aids Portable Dry Box: This compact, portable drying box is innovative. Dry and Sterilize your hearing aids by simply placing them into the DB130 Mini, a process that will kill 99.9% of germs. Involving no harsh chemicals; just gentle air circulation to aid the drying out process. The DB130 Mini is lightweight, comes supplied with a carrying pouch and is easy to operate; just push the start button.
- ACU-Life Hearing Aid Dehumidifier Pot: A simple and affordable way to remove moisture from your hearing aids. Innovative built-in desiccant lining removes damaging daily moisture and it has a convenient flip-top lid for easy opening and closing.
- Zephyr Dry and Store: This portable hearing aid storage case removes moisture, dries earwax, kills germs and deodorises your hearing aids. It markedly improves hearing aid reliability, reducing the need for repairs and maintaining optimum sound quality.
Our blog is home to valuable resources. We offer top tips, advice, guides, and reviews to help you answer any hearing related questions you may have. We think you may be interested in:
- Keeping moisture at bay
- 5 tips for keeping your hearing aid safe in cold weather
- How to extend the life of a hearing aid
- Get the best from your hearing aid
About Hearing Direct
We are one of the world's leading hearing aid specialists. HearingDirect offers a wide range of affordable products, and information resources to help improve the quality of life for the hard of hearing.
- Hearing aids,
- Accessories such as earplugs,
- and amplified devices such as super loud alarm clocks and amplified phones.