Hearing Direct offers all the accessories you need for your GN Resound Hearing aid as well as a range of devices from the ReSound platform; one of the highly popular brands amongst hearing aid users. In this blog post we offer some advice on cleaning your ReSound Hearing Aids to keep them in top condition and highlight some of the accessories we stock.
Browse our collection of ReSound hearing aid accessories here.
Cleaning your ReSound Hearing Aids
Resound products have a reputation for excellent reliability and strength of performance. They can stay in great condition for a long period of time by using basic cleaning and care tips. ReSound hearing aids include a great number of high-tech features but also come with a higher price tag due to their complexity, which inevitably requires better maintenance.
Before cleaning your ReSound device for the first time, it is necessary to carefully read any instructions and guidelines on how to do this or speak with your audiologist about best practices that are suitable for your particular type and model.
You should also consider the following tips:
- If you have to detach the ear mould or tubing, remember to do this gently and carefully, as these are fragile components.
- Use the right cleaning instruments for the specific components you are cleaning.
- A hearing aid cleaning kit that usually contains a wax removal brush and pick, a cleaning loop and tube or vent cleaner should be used to perform surface and vent cleaning.
- Keep the main body of the hearing aid away from water at all times.
- If it requires cleaning, it is advisable to use the services of a professional hearing specialist.
- Before you put together all cleaned components of the device, make sure that they are completely dry.
Wax barriers that you may also find useful:
- HF3 Wax Filter - This product is suitable for in the ear products and includes an insertion/extraction tool. Another item that you may purchase is the HF4 Wax Filter.
- Beltone Sentry Wax - This product can be successfully used with in the ear hearing aids in order to minimize the negative effects of a built up wax.
ReSound Accessories from Hearing DirectIf you notice that some parts are scratched or damaged, make sure to replace them. In the Hearing Direct range, you can find different ReSound components, such as:
- Thin Tubes - Compatible with the following ranges - ReSound Alera; Live; Azure; Plus5; Xplore; Ziga; Essence
- Sound Tubes - Suitable for ReSound Air and Pulse hearing aids
- High Power Receiver Tube - Can be used with receiver in the ear ReSound hearing aids from the following ranges - Alera; Live; dot and dot2
- Domes For Receiver Tubing - Can be used with receiver in the ear hearing aids from the ReSound Alera, Live, dot, dot2 and Danalogic ranges. For these ranges, you may also purchase Domes For High Power Receiver Tubing
- ReSound Power Dome Tool - This assistive tool helps the user to securely attach the domes to a high power receiver in the ear tubing
About Hearing DirectWe are one of the world's leading hearing aid specialists. HearingDirect offers a wide range of affordable products, as well as information resources to help improve the quality of life for the hard of hearing. We sell:
- Hearing aids,
- Accessories such as earplugs,
- and amplified devices such as super loud alarm clocks and amplified phones.