Hearing Aid Battery Sizes are 10, 13, 312 and 675. The sizes have individually coloured tabs which are an industry standard. Each hearing aid takes only one size so you need to know which battery is which. Read on for colour coding and more information.
Which Hearing Aid Battery Sizes Are Available?Hearing aid batteries come from a range of manufacturers, including leading brands such as Rayovac, Power One, Duracell, and more. Whatever the manufacturer you choose, the size and colour label will stay the same, acting as a global index making it easier for the wearer to identify which is which.
- Yellow is for Hearing aid batteries size 10
- Orange is for Hearing aid batteries size 13
- Brown is for Hearing aid batteries size 312
- and blue is for Hearing aid batteries size 675
How Long Does Each Hearing Aid Battery Size Last?Hearing aid battery life is very much down to your actual device. Digital hearing aids are varied and host umpteen different features. As a result, different hearing aids require different sizes of battery to properly power the device to ensure it functions as it should. Ultimately, this affects how long they last and how often you will need to purchase new cells. For example, our HD 91, 151, 230, require size 10 batteries with an estimated 70 hours of cell life. In comparison, our HD 420 digital hearing aid requires a 312 battery with an estimated 185 hours of cell life. Generally, smaller devices such as ITE hearing aids require smaller batteries which offer a short lifespan compared to larger BTE devices which use larger cells.
Which Hearing Aid Battery Size Do I Need?When you buy a hearing aid, it is likely you may receive a pack of free batteries with it (or at least you do when you buy from us!). Also, it will be clearly indicated to which type and size of batteries which are compatible with your device. Your device can only carry one size and this is fundamental to the design, shape, and size of your device.
- The smallest are size 10and therefore are commonly used in small hearing aids of the CIC, ITC and ITE models.
- Size 13 batteries tend to offer better longevity depending on the hearing aid.
- BTE hearing aids tend to use size 312 which are the newest.
- Size 675 cells are the biggest in terms of their size and tend to power the bigger hearing aids and cochlear implant aids.
Hearing Direct Hearing Aid Battery RangeAt Hearing Direct, you will find an assortment of hearing aid batteries to fit a variety of devices including our own hearing aids as well as branded models. We supply cells which offer a balance of premium quality and price including reputable brands such as:
- Power One
- GN ReSound
- Rechargeable Hearing Aid Batteries
About Hearing DirectWe are one of the world's leading hearing aid specialists. HearingDirect offers a wide range of affordable products, and information resources to help improve the quality of life for the hard of hearing. We sell:
- Hearing aids,
- Accessories such as earplugs,
- and amplified devices such as super loud alarm clocks and amplified phones.