You are currently on Hearing Direct UK
Call 0800 032 1301
Mon - Fri 9am - 10pm
You have no items in your basket.
Need Some Help?
Click to talk to our lovely team
From the world's largest online hearing superstore
Cant find what you're looking for?
Speak to a member of our team today
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
This entry was posted on 1st July 2018 by Gary.
How long do hearing aid batteries last? This is an important question for users of hearing aids to consider. The lifespan of hearing aid batteries can be crucial when it comes down to purchasing a new device or looking for value for money. In this post, we highlight the need to know information about battery life and share tips on getting the best from the cells.
Worrying about how long your hearing aid batteries are going to last is a constant problem for hearing aid users. It is a legitimate question, one that we've discussed before in the post 'Hearing Aid Batteries Questions and Answers', however, we felt that this topic deserves more attention for a number of reasons.
1. The battery's duration may be a consideration when buying a new hearing aid. You may prefer to buy one model instead of the other due to cell lifespan.
2. The cost and daily calculation of operating a hearing aid may be a further consideration. (Essential read: How Much Do Hearing Aid Batteries Cost?)
Much like many battery-related questions, this one is dependant on many variables. Your device will usually dictate the required battery and because of this, we need to consider the impact of a number of elements, which are highlighted in the next segment.
If we take a look at some of our devices, our HD 91, 151, 230, require size 10 batteries with an estimated 70 hours of battery life. In comparison, our HD 420 requires a size 312 battery which boasts an estimated 185 hours of power. Ultimately, this is down to the technological features each device possesses and battery size. For perspective, the HD 91 is our entry-level hearing aid with one of the smallest batteries going. You can compare our hearing aids quickly with this handy chart.
The answer to this question is not straightforward. A number of factors will influence cell life. So, to know how long hearing aid batteries last, the following things need to be considered:
1. The model - There are many hearing aid devices on the market, and some are better than others at preserving sources. Even within a hearing aid manufacturers brand, one model may be better than another in terms of battery consumption.
2. Type of use - Naturally, the more you use the device, the quicker the batteries will deplete. Hearing aids belong to a group of high demanding devices and require optimal power consistently. It is only when the device is switched off that power is not used.
3. Brand of batteries and power technology - There are a number of brands for providing specialist hearing aid batteries, from Rayovac to Duracell. Within each brand, there are normally two or more lines of power technology, so this factor will also influence battery life.
4. All zinc-air batteries rely on the air entering the battery to start the reaction that produces power. When you first receive your battery, it will have an adhesive tab on the bottom to prevent air from entering the battery and starting the reaction. As soon as this tab is removed, the reaction and battery life begin. Therefore, the batteries life will continue to deplete, even if not in use, once this tab is removed.
As a consequence of these various interrelational factors, we recommend that you familiarise yourself with your device’s low battery warning notification process. After a while, you will become accustomed to the duration to expect for your particular hearing aid and its typical usage pattern.
Furthermore, you should consider carrying an additional battery set just to be on the safe side, and as a final tip, make sure you follow our recommendation for the safe storage of these batteries.
It is only fair to want the batteries you buy to last and go the distance. As one of the most essential components to a fully-functioning hearing aid, you will expect cells to have both a long shelf life and actually emit power for a long duration of time. You can learn more about how to extend the life of hearing aid batteries in this blog post - it will outline everything you can do to help your batteries go a long way.
You can purchase top-quality hearing aid batteries from our online store. With all the most popular sizes available, you can buy from a selection of trusted manufacturers.
Shop US Batteries | Shop UK Batteries
If you know the size your after, follow one of our quick links:
You may also be interested in rechargeable hearing aid batteries which could replace the need for you to buy in bulk time and time again.
We are one of the world's leading suppliers of digital hearing aids and all things hearing. With a focus on improving the quality of life for the hard of hearing, we are dedicated to providing amplified products to make your everyday routine that much simpler.
If you have any questions regarding how long do hearing aid batteries last, then please do get in touch and the HD team will be on hand to advise and assist.
This entry was posted in Hearing Aid Batteries, Hearing Aids, Hearing Information and tagged hearing aid batteries, USA on 1st July 2018 by Gary.
← Previous Post
Next Post →
Sorry, you must be logged in to post a comment.
Get special offers, product launches and events.
©2019 - Hearing Direct - All Rights Reserved