- 16 Channels controlled by 6 bands
- Noise Reduction
- Telephone program
- Soft Speech Booster
The mid-level hearing aid from Oticon
As a mid-level hearing aid within the Oticon range, the Nera2 provides wireless connectivity and the Inium Sense Processor. This is a chip that allows the device to process information far quicker than ever before. Launched in Spring 2015, the Nera2 supersedes the previous generation of Nera hearing aids.
- 6 Bands and 16 Sound Frequency Channels - will enable your hearing aid to be programmed as closely as possible to your hearing loss.
- YouMatic Advanced - enables you to create three different hearing profiles to fit with a number of different listening environments, such as sport or work.
- Telephone Program - allows for speech to be directed into both ears when using the phone. This reduces background noise and clarifies speech.
- Noise Reduction - lessens background noise, making speech clearer.
- VC Learning - ensures your hearing aids remember your favourite settings and will apply them accordingly.
- FreeFocus Advanced - is designed to enhance sound in a noisy environment such as a restaurant. There are four programs that control the direction of the microphones, enabling you to focus on speech noise, even if you are not directly facing the speaker.
- Binaural Synchronisation - is enabled using BrainHearing Technology. This is where both hearing aids communicate with each other to ensure the volume and program settings remain the same for both ears. It also increases spatial awareness and the ability to work out where the sound is coming from.
- Inium Feedback Shield - ensures any background buzzing or whistling is removed, leaving you with a clearer sound.
- Tinnitus Sound Support - is an App that helps to reduce the distressing symptoms of tinnitus.
- Adaption Manager - enables your ears to adjust slowly to the introduction of new hearing aids by increasing the sound levels gradually over time.
- Soft SpeechBooster - reduces high frequency sounds down to your existing hearing range, so you can capture quietly spoken conversations with ease.
- Completely in Canal (CIC)
- Invisible in Canal (IIC)
- In the Canal (ITC) – with telecoil.
- In the Ear (ITE) – with telecoil.
- Design Receiver in the Ear (DesignRITE)
- Mini Receiver in Ear (miniRITE)
- Receiver in the Ear (RITE) with telecoil and volume control.
- Mini Behind The Ear (miniBTE) with volume control.
- Behind The Ear (BTE) with telecoil and volume control.
If you’re interested in streaming sound from your TV, stereo, telephone or computer, then you may wish to look at the Oticon ConnectLine range of listening accessories that are fully compatible with the Nera2.
The Nera2 is a mid-range hearing aid from Oticon. It boasts a series of excellent technological features to help those who find themselves in a moderate listening environment for much of the time. There are a variety of colours and styles to choose from, so you can customise your hearing aid according to taste and personal needs. For a more advanced model, you may wish to consider the Nera2 Pro or the Alta2. If however, you want to keep things simple, why not try the Ria2 or Ria2 Pro?