- 16 Channels controlled by 10 bands
- Noise reduction
- BrainHearing Technology
- Soft Speech Booster
The second tier hearing aid in the Oticon range
Introduced in 2015 and packed full of great features, the Oticon Alta 2 ranks second in the new generation of Oticon hearing aids, with the Oticon Alta2 Pro at the forefront. The Inium Sense processing chip allows for greater processing speeds and provides sufficient power to work successfully in most listening environments.
- 16 Sound Processing Channels and 10 Frequency Bands - enables your hearing aids to be adjusted specifically to your hearing loss.
- YouMatic Premium - provides you with five program options that work in a variety of listening environments.
- Noise Reduction - recognises speech sounds and lessens other more distracting background noise so you can take part in conversation more easily.
- Wind Noise Reduction - moderates wind noise, making speech clearer regardless of the weather.
- SpeechGuard E - is a program used in quieter listening environments where speech sound is enhanced and sudden extreme noise reduced to maintain comfort.
- FreeFocus Program - controls the direction of the microphones, clarifying speech in more difficult listening environments. Five different modes help isolate and locate speech sound.
- BrainHearing Technology - provides the ultimate in binaural functionality. It’s where two hearing aids communicate with each other, sharing information such as volume and settings so that they can successfully synchronise. This makes it easier to work out where the sound is coming from.
- Inium Feedback Shield - blocks unwanted whistling sounds.
- Tinnitus Sound Support App - reduces the effects of tinnitus by distracting the brain with a number of tones and sounds.
- Adaption Manager - enables you to gradually increase the sound, giving your ears plenty of time to adjust.
- Soft Speech Booster - is an ideal program for those who live with high frequency hearing loss. It enhances the quiet, harder to hear sounds so that you are more likely to capture the beginning and end of words within a conversation.
- Completely in Canal (CIC)
- Invisible in Canal (IIC)
- In the Canal (ITC) – with telecoil.
- In the Ear (ITE) – with telecoil.
- Design Receiver in the Ear (DesignRITE)
- Mini Receiver in Ear (miniRITE)
- Receiver in the Ear (RITE)
- Mini Behind The Ear (miniBTE)
- Behind The Ear (BTE)
The RITE, BTE and ITC styles have a telecoil facility. You can also control the volume on the aid with the RITE, miniBTE and BTE styles.
Oticon’s ConnectLine range of sound streamers and listening accessories are fully compatible with these hearing aids.
As the second tier hearing aid within the Oticon range, the Alta2 is ideal for moderately noisy listening environments. If you like the sound of the Oticon series, but wish for a more sophisticated processing, you could consider the Alta2 Pro. For those on a budget, why not try the Oticon Nera2?