The Amplicomms brand offers a range of specialised phones for users with impaired hearing and sight. All of the models in the BigTel and PowerTel range combine functionality, technology and design, and offer features such as compatibility with hearing aids, extremely high reception volume and extra-loud ringing tones.
The Amplicomms BigTel 280 has been one of our most popular cordless phone with built in answering machine. We are pleased to now also provide it in a pre-paired twin pack, which offers a significant saving too.
The Duo set consists of the base unit BigTel 280 with a ready paired BigTel 201 extra handset. In terms of set up at home, the 280 base unit requires a mains supply and phone line socket. The additional handset only requires a mains supply.
If your home set up requires a third handset – please see the triple pack.
Fully compatible with BT phone lines.
Hearing aid compatible for those hearing aid wearers using their ‘T’ setting.
Features of cordless handsets:
- Extra-large dot-matrix LCD display with large characters and
bright backlit display
- Incredible brilliant sound with less than 2% distortion at full
- Amplified volume adjustment on handset >30 dB
- Hearing aid compatible preferred (highest level)
- Extra loud adjustable ringer volume >80 db
- Equalizer tone control (Changing of the frequency spectrum)
- Hands free Speakerphone
- Caller ID Presentation (CLIP) with storage of the last 30
- Phone book - 50 entries of name & number
- 9 ring tones including 5 polytonic ring tones
- 5 display languages: D, GB, F, I, E
- Up to 100 hours stand-by operation time
- Up to 11 hours of permanent talk time
- 2 Direct-Dial memory buttons on handset (M1/M2)
- DECT-GAP Standard for connection of up to 4 handsets per
Features of base station with answering machine:
- Answering machine with extra large keys
- 11 minutes recording time for incoming calls
- Announcement of day and time of incoming calls
- Remote interrogation
- Outgoing message recording or pre-recorded message
- Answer only facility
- 2-digit LED message counter
- Beeping Pager function (Search for handset)
- 9 ring tones on base station
- 5 volume settings plus switch-off function for ring tones on base
- Volume amplification button with memory (Boost)
- Extra loud adjustable ringer volume up to 80 dB
- Extra bright LED on handset and base station for visual alert of
- 1 x Base station with answering machine
- 2 x Cordless handset
- 1 x Instruction manual
- 2 x Power supply
- 1 x Phone connection cable
- 6 x Rechargeable AAA batteries